Flickr-stream is a plugin designed to allow the embedding of Flickr photo-sets and galleries anywhere in a WordPress blog. Currently the plugin supports up to 100 photos being displayed at once. A sample of the widget can be viewed on my blog. Photos can be displayed on any page or post via shortcodes which are all managed from one central location in the Dashboard.
- Hide or show title of photoset or gallery.
- Choose between medium and small thumbnails for shortcode embeds.
- Cache photo data to prevent API calls each time a webpage is loaded
- Random or from the top photo thumbnail selection
- Link photos to either Flickr or display in a Lightbox ( Magnific Popup )
- Set alignment of photos to left, center, or right
- Choose to hide photo captions or not
- Optional mobile photo viewer for mobile devices ( Photoswipe )
- Change color of photo highlights
- Also Translated to Spanish – Andrew Kurtis
To use this plugin you do have to get a Flickr API Key by requesting a key. Copy and paste the key into the general settings page for the plugin and then you can start creating shortcodes for embedding photos as well as using the widget. This is actually my first WordPress plugin so any feedback would be greatly appreciated.